IAM RoadSmart is the UK’s leading road safety charity with a network of over 70,000 members and around 170 local Groups.
Visit us on stand 2C05 at Motorcycle Live to find out more about Advanced Riding (or Driving) and to make the most of the show exclusive offer of 15% off Advanced courses. The Advanced Rider course is available to anyone who has held a full motorcycle licence for more than three months who and wants to improve their riding. This can be anyone who rides a motorcycle regardless of age, gender or disability and is suitable for any stage of your riding journey. It includes those who have just passed and want to refine their skills, people who have been riding a while who want to check they’re still riding at a good level.
The IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider course costs £175 (although your local group may charge a discretionary observer’s fuel contribution). For that you receive:
• A series of rides with an Observer, providing guidance and practical examples to help you develop your skills
• A copy of our IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider course log-book
• Your first year’s membership with IAM RoadSmart and your local Group
• IAM RoadSmart Advanced Rider Test fee
• Access to member benefits, including a subscription to the IAM RoadSmart members’ magazine
• Access to competitive insurance quotes with our partner, Cornmarket
We have launched a campaign, supported by organisations across the industry, to make the roads safer for motorcyclists – recognising them as vulnerable road users. Despite making up between 1-3% of road users, motorcyclists are disproportionately vulnerable on the road, with 20% of deaths on the road being a motorcyclist.
We’re calling on the Government to scrap VAT on life-saving air vests which are currently subject to a 20% VAT rate. Other lifesaving equipment, like helmets, are either zero or lower-rated. Sign the petition here or find out more on the stand.