We, MCI Exhibitions Limited, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in respect of Motorcycle Live. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is MCI Exhibitions Ltd of 1 Rye Hill Office Park, Birmingham Road, Allesley, Coventry, CV5 9AB. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Finlay McAllan.
Information we may collect from you
As part of the Motorcycle Live database, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Motorcycle Live website (our website). This includes information provided when subscribing to our newsletters, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your requests.
- Details of your visits to our website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are used for several reasons:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our website and avoid having to re-enter information when you return to the website.
- To monitor our website traffic and analyse how our website works. This will allow us to make changes to the website in the future and make it easier to use.
- To deliver more relevant advertisements on our website that displays advertising by showing you products and services you might be interested in based on your most recent visit to our website.
Details of all of the cookies that we use on our website and the reason for using them are set out in the table below. Please note that the exact names may change from time to time and there may be a slight delay in us updating this table:
|These are used to collect information about how visitors use our website in order that we can improve our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form (such as the number of visitors we receive to our website) and do not for example collect your email address, name or payment details.|
|Banner Advertisements on third party websites||None||We use these cookies so that we can tailor certain adverts which will be presented to you on some third party websites. These adverts will be designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you have been viewing on our website.|
|Advertisements||None||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
|We operate a number of system cookies to improve your user experience and allow you to login and maintain website sessions. Some cookies also allow the user to manage their user preferences when logged in.|
|Trackers||None||No trackers currently active.|
Where we store your personal data
All information contained in the Motorcycle Live database is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information, products or services which we feel may interest you, unless you have notified us that you do not want to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by email or SMS only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, or alternatively contact us at the address at the bottom of this policy.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the address set out below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Awesome, Jimbo - could you get that Kwaka any more vertical...?! https://t.co/wD1GUh2NdB